Like now – I had this blog almost finished and all of a sudden – POOF!!!! It disappeared into the virtual atmosphere…
Grrrrrrrr… oh well – maybe the rewrite will turn out better than the first version.
Now some people would wonder why I wasn’t super stressed during the Christmas season? I guess, because Christmas has become like a well-oiled machine in our house – except for the family drama that happened on Christmas day…
Plus, my glasses were damaged a few weeks before Christmas and I had to go get an updated eye exam and purchase new frames and lenses – which is expensive!!
And I picked up my new glasses today – and I have a super headache now.
(See, it’s like the protective film on it just started melting off… Made it very difficult to see through. Don’t ever buy cheap lenses)
I am feeling super stressed today… so what do I do to find calm?
- I pet my Great Dane. She knows when I am feeling out of sorts and she will come snuggle up with me and lay her head in my lap so I can pet her. She makes me feel like all is right with the world.
(This is Hope – my emotional support therapy dog)
2. I take a super hot bath. I am really into using all natural ingredient bath bombs lately. I also like Dr. Teals Aches and Pains relief bubble bath, mixed with some Doterra essential Peppermint Oil. After a particular hard workout, this feels so good on my sore – tired muscles.
3. I drink a Limu Blu-Frog. What is a Limu Blu-Frog? You can read more about it at PositivelyDebbie.iamlimu.com – all I know is that is made with Fucodian – which comes from the Limu Moi – a seaweed. Everytime, I drink one my headache almost instantly goes away. I think it’s because of the natural ingredients and natural caffiene. (Definitely, not your typical RockStar energy drink)
4. If my headache goes away. I like to take a walk – there is something about breathing in the fresh air.
5. I craft… not only is it my business – but making beautiful things relaxes me.
(a card I made)
6. I count my blessings – and bring myself back to an attitude of gratitude.
7. I turn off social media – for a time – so I don’t get the pinging sound of notifications going off – constantly.
8. And when all else fails – I climb into my pj’s and snuggle down into my bed that feels like a hug and I close my eyes for just a few minutes – which turns into a few hours – but that sleep must’ve been really needed.
What do you do to help you find calm when feeling super stressed?
Right now – I am grateful for new glasses and I am going to go sit in a really hot bath with some new eucalyptus and citrus bubble bath that I found today at Sprouts, drink a Limu Blu Frog – take my new glasses off for a bit and let my eyes rest – so hopefully, my headache will go away.