And just like that, another New Year is upon us. There were parts of 2021 that went along really slooooooowly and other parts of 2021 that just flew by. I wondered where the days were going. Then again, what with having two eye surgeries in one year, a cold at the end of spring and Covid right after Thanksgiving, I feel like I lost a few days last year. (Especially during Covid). Now that 2022 is here – hopefully my health will start to improve. I have new eyeglasses, which are great. They have blueblocking lenses, which I never realized how much I needed them since I’m looking at my computer screen quite a lot.
December, being laid up in bed and quarantined for 10 days… I got to do a lot of reflecting of what I want this New Year to look like, how I want to change and what I can do to activate those changes. I redid my 12 Commandments of Debbie (one for each month). I got this idea a few years ago after reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
- Be Debbie – Always – Basically, don’t compare myself to others and try be like them because I think they are doing it better… Just be me
- Stick To It – be consistent and stick to it until it is finished.
- Move It – get out of bed, go for a walk,
- Influence People, Win Friends – sounds like a book but it’s true. I want my blogs and videos to make an influence and help me make friends.
- Life Life Joyfully – Consider it all joy is what the Bible says.
- Always Be Grateful – for everything
- Grow In Faith – I really want to find a church I can call home
- Live Healthy – I know gluten and dairy are not good for me cause I get sick every time I eat anything that has it in it… so why do I keep doing it?
- Create the Life You Love – Love the Life You Create – I love creating and making cards. I love having a clean, organized and tidy house.
- Live Abundantly – God promises to prosper us – but He also wants us to work.
- Let God Go Before Me – I can’t do this unless God is paving the way for me.
- Plan Ahead – Be Prepared. – I need a schedule
Each month, maybe more than once, I will visit each of the commandments.
Resolutions for January – Be Debbie – Always – I always start out my 12 commandments with this one. I think it is the best place to begin. After all the only person we can really change is ourselves. I sometimes wish I could be like other people who seem to have everything together, spotless homes, everything organized, always looking their best. But if I had a spotless home, I probably wouldn’t have my Great Danes, Chihuahua or MaltiPoo. If I had everything organized, I probably wouldn’t like to be a crafter or a reseller. If I always looked my best, I wouldn’t feel most comfortable in warm fuzzy pants, and an oversized sweatshirt. Gretchen Rubin wrote “You can choose what you do, but you cant choose what you like to do.” – I would’ve loved to be a teacher… but I do better as an entrepreneur. I can set my own hours and I don’t feel tied down to a job that would probably stress me out. Here are some ways, I can Be Debbie – Always.
When I write let my voice shine through and not anyone else’s.
Accept my limitations
Know my why and my values.
Then onto habits… Habits I want to really start working on this month are:
Get out of bed and get dressed.
Walk – when the weather is nice – walk. If I can only go halfway around the block now because I get too fatigued from the lingering effects of Covid, then I will do it. Walking will be the best thing for me right now
Cook at home… it is getting so expensive to eat out. But being Debbie and all – I hate cooking. I hate the planning, prepping and cleaning. But… I need to do it… so this Debbie needs to find a way to like it. (Any ideas?)
Blog twice a week and make two videos for You Tube twice a week. (If I do more that is awesome)
Go live on Scrap4Less – every Wednesday
Well thats the reflecting and planning I did in December to start the New Year With.
Leave me some comments, suggestions, advice…
Thanks for reading.