I woke up on Wednesday. It was my birthday. I realized, I have finally made it to the age where I have to drink protein smoothies and eat my 3 prunes every morning for breakfast. Not because, I really want to, but, so I can feel better…
Welcome to being 54.
Although, I don’t really feel like I’m 54. Until, I go back and look at photos of my younger self… Then, I do.
54 could be worse. It’s not as bad as I imagined it would be. Until, I get out of bed in the morning and take the first step, then have to stop and stretch my calve muscles, so I can walk without my feet hurting so bad.
Bur really, 54 is not so bad. I am still making it to the gym three times a week. I can still walk. I can still drive. I can still problem solve and be independent. I still have mobility. All that could be gone – in a blink of an eye or gradually, as I become older. There, but for the Grace of God, go I… and I will continue growing old gracefully, as God allows me.
54 year old me… after getting my eyes dilated because, yep, I now have floaters in my eye… sigh
Now that I’ve hit another birthday… it’s time to rethink my goals for next year.
I realized there are only two planners that I really like… my bullet journal, (which I use ALL the time) and the Panda Planner. That’s it!! I’ve tried a lot of them and these are the two, I keep using over and over again. These are two planners, I keep track of my goals and action steps to reach those goals. This year, I will save my money and not buy the Happy Planners or the Erin Condren planners. For next year – my goals are to
- Lose 70 pounds – nutrition, nutrition, nutrition
- Get Scrap4Less’ online store up and going
- Become a Blogger and a You Tuber
- Get the garage cleaned out and organized
- Start giving classes for Scrap 4 Less – two classes a month and 1 crop every quarter
- Raise our new Great Dane puppy – (We pick him up on Christmas Day)
- Make one or two craft fair projects every month – so I am prepared for 2020
- Read my Bible through in one year
- Creative Journal every day
- Do a scrapbook layout or a card every day
- 10,000 steps every day – actually do Run the Year 2020
My personal 10 commandments for myself during 2020 are:
- Be Debbie – always. Don’t let anyone or anything conform to something other than who you are.
- Whatever you start – finish!
- Always Do Your Best – in fitness, nutrition, business, etc.
- Always – Always Be Grateful
- Be Financially Savvy
- Stay Motivated – no matter what
- Enjoy All the Moments
- Have a Steady Continuity
- Embrace Change
- Love Much
and my word for the Year is CONSISTENT
Here’s the definition from Merriam Webster online dictionary
Definition of consistent
Mostly, I will be working on the first definition – this year I want to have a steady continuity – the past three years my one word of the year has been: Focus, Joy and Brave… I have learned a lot from all three years. This year, I want to be consistent in being focused, joyful and courageous.
Our new Great Dane puppy – He doesn’t really have a name yet… Maybe? Maximilian Moose Mussack? Cuddles? (A Great Dane named Cuddles?)
Thanks for reading…