9 -12-2019 Palindrome Week – Day #3
Moving Forwards and Backwards is the theme this week…
I took a few steps backwards this evening. Literally. I took the trash out to the curb and the trash can came into very sharp contact with my right ankle… right on top of where I had my ankle surgery two years ago. Oh….that hurt. I burst into tears!!!
Why? Well, obviously the pain and because, mostly, I really hate the empty nest sometimes. There’s nobody around to help do basic chores anymore. Even the husband is off to another country to work. Really…truly…the empty nest.
I am trying to move forward and be more independent, but the empty nest can really suck at times. I heard somebody say… when you hit the empty nest stage you have to give yourself time to grieve. It’s the end of an era – so to speak.
Anyways. I’ll talk more on the empty nest later. Tonight, I wanted to talk about planners.
- They help me move forward
- They help me document memories
- Keeps me organized and focused
- Gives me something to do
Currently, I have four.
- My Erin Condren Life Planner – which I use to keep track of daily to do’s, fitness and nutrition, classes, blog and vlog topics, appointments and so on.
- My Erin Condren Monthly Planner – I use this to keep track of bills, Scrap4Less to do’s and projects that I am working on for the month
- A bullet journal – in a travelers notebook – this is one that I carry with me all the times. It gets everything. To Do lists, habit trackers, shopping lists, brain dumps, ideas, books I’ve read… etc.
- A creative journal – also in a travelers notebook. I will stamp, use gelatos, markers, die cuts, magazine bits and pieces, new paper that I get for the store, pictures, etc. anything that can tell my story for the day. I really want to join the #dailyjournalchallenge on Instagram
I am thinking about adding a 5th… A Faith Notebook, WarBinder, whatever you may call it. I am feeling the urge to get back into church… and I think something like this will really help.
The Erin Condren Planners, my faith notebook, and my traveler notebooks all stay on the dining table – along with my Bible – so every morning, when I sit down to drink my smoothie, or eat my breakfast, it is all right there and ready for me to work in.
Are you a planner? What do you use to help you plan? Do you have a Faith Notebook? Share with me your systems…
Until then…. keep planning