Two days until the New Year!!! Who is excited? I know I am. I am always excited when the New Years comes around – for me it means a time of renewal, of reflection and accomplishing new goals and working harder at some of the same goals, I had last year but never finished. It’s time to establish new, New You Solutions and a time for new beginnings. Out with the old – in with the new. Can I do better in 2020 than I did in 2019?
Even the year alone – 2020 – is exciting. It was a hundred years ago when the roaring ’20’s decade began. The 1920’s began with cars, telephones, and radios. The right for women to vote was passed in 1920. Aviation was beginning to see many changes and improvements. The American troops were returning home from World War I. The decade began as a time of prosperity but by the end of the 1920’s the stock market crashed… and times weren’t so good after that.
Are we on the brink of great things happening this decade for America again? It is another election year. The excitement and the tension is in the air. You can already feel it. I feel like good things are in store this year… not just for the country, but for me and my family personally.
Here are some good things that happened in 2019 –
- The economy of our country continued to grow and unemployment rates drastically fell. washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/03/us-economy-added-jobs-april-unemployment-fell-percent-lowest-since
- I bought a new business in January 2019 – Scrap4Less
- David came for three months in the summer
- I got a new fitness trainer that has been the best one for me ever.
- In December we got a new Great Dane puppy – and brought him home on Christmas Day.
- My son got accepted into the Colorado State Patrol – starting in July.
- I purchased a new VW Atlas and I love it
- Trump has actually done many good things for our country – read about them at washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/26/best-things-trump-has-done/
- We got to go to Arizona and watch my daughter walk across the stage to get her Masters Degree in Legal Studies from Arizona State University! (This momma cried – I was so proud of her). Now she will be starting her Doctorate.
- Oh!!! In October, I did my first 5k in over 2 years…since I had my ankle surgery. It hurt like crazy – and I wanted to quit a few times, but I finished.
Well…that was my 2019 in a nutshell…not a bad year with all it’s ups and downs and twists and turns. I am looking forward to 2020… bring it on and Onward Then!
Here are some pictures of our new Great Dane puppy…
On our way home… he wanted to come sit in my lap…
He loves his new crate and his new blankie… meeting the new family is very tiring
taking a nap with his new buddy Hope. I think she likes him
Meet Cosmo Oliver Moose…. DotCom is his nickname. I love him already.