Do you ever feel, quite frankly, just a bit overwhelmed at all the information out there? So many ideas on Pinterest. So many informative blogs to read; interesting and enjoyable ones at that. Why in the world would anyone want to look at my blog or see what I have created. in the vast sea of a myriad other blogs and scrapbooking and cardmaking projects?
Well – I don’t know but this is what I am going to set out and learn…
1) How write a blog and get people interested in reading it.
2) How to become a better writer.
3) How to make and present my projects and get people to want to buy Close to My Heart or hold a workshop.
4) How to market the things I make and sell the items in my booth (125 DaisyLane) at Willowstone Antique Marketplace.
I figure this is going to take me awhile to learn. Learning takes commitment. Therefore, I am making the commitment to
- Write – just write.
- Create something everyday
Commitment takes action…
- Write a blog post at least three days a week. Join a writers workshop (I’m going to one on Monday). Keep a journal.
- Create a card, a scrapbook page, finish a DIY project, crochet an afghan, there are so many things to create and share. Creating is my passion.
- Hold Close to My Heart workshops and gatherings both online or at a specified location.
- Continue with the 30 Day Challenge at Life Above Rubies by Megan Elizabeth. (http://www.lifeaboverubies.com/) I highly recommend this website. It has been one of my biggest motivation and inspiration in helping me balance life and fitness and business. She is also teaching me about social media marketing and the in’s and out’s of starting a business. Very – very – very helpful. Check out her website.
- Join Toastmasters and learn how to become a better public speaker so I can create video tutorials of projects I make and market myself better as an Independent Consultant with Close to My Heart and a vendor at Willowstone Antique Marketplace.
The most important thing is to know my Why. Why do I want to do this?
I want to inspire others. I want to inspire others – I want to share my story – I want to tell the world that I too was once almost 300 pounds and couldn’t walk around the block without having an asthma attack and how I started working out and eating healthier and now I am running 10k’s and working out every day. I want to let people know how I struggle with Borderline Personality Disorder and depression and anxiety attacks but creating and making things helps me keep my emotions and moods in check. I want everyone to know there is hope and peace in a world that can seem so chaotic and full of frustrations…
And the best way I know how to do all this is to
and Share my story.
Follow along with me. The journey is about to begin.
Leave me a comment and let me know you are following. I am going to need a lot of accountability from my readers.
One thought on “A Plan, A Stand and Action”
This sounds like my current project, or very similar. Good luck with your venture! Every little step in any direction helps feel less overwhelmed, in my experience. 😊